iHope Camp is hosted by Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. Each week
has its own theme and will inspire your child to learn and care about the world
around them. The camp is open to children in rising K-5th grade at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida at 411 Mercy Drive, Orlando, Florida.
We invite you to join us each week as we focus on themes that
make positive impacts in the community and in the world! Click to view our weekly schedule and make sure to look over our list of camp FAQ's.Children of nonprofit organization employees in Central Florida may qualify for a discounted rate; please contact us. The registration fee covers all costs. Click here to register today.
Registration Per Week
- $205 until June 15
- $225 until June 22
- Regular price: $275
Click here to register today.
July 8-12 iCare: How I can change the world
- Discover exciting ways to help the world through non-profit work
- Experience projects at Second Harvest and other organizations that change lives
Field Trips: Adult Literacy League and Movies!
July 15-19 iConserve: How I can protect the world
- Explore ways to reduce, reuse and recycle in your community
- Create fun and exciting projects that transform recycled items into useful ones
Field Trips: Showcase of Citrus, Waste Management!
July 22-26 iCreate: How I can improve the world
- Learn how businesses create change
- Explore small ways to make a big difference
Field Trips: Crayola Experience, DO Good Farm, Bowling!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida holding a Camp? In 2018, Second Harvest Food Bank piloted Kids Club for our employees’ children. Our children learned about Food Banks and how we create change in our community! We are excited to introduce iHope Camp: For NextGen World Changers!
- What are the ages of the campers? Ages for campers are children entering Kindergarten up to children entering the 5th grade.
- What is the mission of iHope Camp? Our mission is to harness the creativity and energy of today’s youth to create tomorrow’s great neighbors and world changers.
- What is the cost? $205 until June 15 and $225 until June 22. Regular price: $275. This fee covers all the costs. Please contact us for a nonprofit rate.Click here to register.
- What activities will my child be participating in? Please view our calendar to see all activities. Children will be transported to off-site activities with a 15-passenger van.
- What are the dates of the camp? iHope camp will take place in July with three separate weeks focusing on different themes. Those dates are July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26.
- Do I have to attend all three weeks? No, campers may attend one, two, or all three weeks. Each week has its own theme.
- Is there any financial assistance for the camp? No, there currently is no financial assistance available for the camp.
- Is there a dress code? Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times. Comfortable clothes to move around in are recommended for every day at camp. On field trip days, camp T-shirts must be worn along with closed toe shoes and comfortable bottoms. Some trips will be outside. For those days, hats/glasses/sunblock are recommended.
- Is there a late pick up policy? Children should be picked up no later than 4:30PM. A late fee will be charged to any parent who picks up 10 minutes after closing time. A fee of $15.00 will be charged beginning 10 minutes after ending time and $1.00 for each additional minute. If you anticipate that you may be late, a phone call is appreciated. The late fee is still applicable. The fee must be paid in cash to SHFB when your child returns the following day. SHFB will keep a logbook with the child’s pick up time. Chronic tardiness may result in removal from camp. Each family will receive one exemption for late pick-ups.
- What are the hours of the camp? Camp hours are from 7:30am – 4:30pm.
- Can I volunteer with iHope? No, but if you would like to volunteer at our food bank at a time while your child is in camp, please indicate this at registration.
- Will food be served? iHope camp will provide a light grab and go breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for all children. If your child has any allergies, please let us know when you register.
- Does my child need to pack a snack? Are nut-based snacks allowed (food allergies)? iHope camp will provide snacks. If your child has an allergy, please notify us or you can pack snacks that fit your child needs. Please do not bring in any outside food/snacks to distribute to the other campers as it is not allowed.
Please call 407-514-1094 or email email@example.com