Who We Are
A group of charitable young professionals aged 21-40 dedicated to making a difference through action, awareness, and advocacy to support the mission of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. Members grow as professionals and community leaders while supporting the Food Bank by volunteering their time, talent, and treasure.
Be a part of a growing movement to fight hunger in our community. Whether by making sure our food bank has enough volunteers to distribute food into the community, raising much-needed funds to aid those in need, or lending your voice to advocate for the 1 in 7 Central Floridians who are food insecure, join us as we help to put an end to food insecurity.
Our Strategic Pillars
We volunteer our time & talents in support of Second Harvest Food Bank
We aid Second Harvest Food Bank through monetary & in-kind donations
We help each other excel in our careers through education & networking
We advocate on behalf of Second Harvest Food Bank in our communities
- Be a dues-paying member of the committee ($60 annual payment)
Annual payment is due June-July each year
- Members are expected to be active participants at meetings, events, and socials
- Attend YoPro committee meetings on the fourth Thursday of the month from 6-7 p.m.
- 10 YoPro Committee Meetings a Year (4th Thursday of the Month, from 6-7 p.m.)
Expectation is you attend 8 out of 10 meetings a year
Committee does not meet in November or December
- 6 YoPro Committee Volunteer Shifts a Year (2nd Saturday of every other Month)
Attend at least two YoPro volunteer shifts a year
Volunteer months: August, October, November, January, March, May
- Committee members are expected to participate in yearly fundraising efforts
Examples include soliciting sponsorship opportunities, chance drawing prizes, etc.
- Members are encouraged to help recruit potential committee members/li>
- Members are expected to be advocates for the food bank
- Have fun and be engaging!
- Ticket discounts on select Second Harvest Food Bank events
- Committee member pricing to SHFBCF YoPro social events
- Networking opportunities with the Second Harvest Food Bank Board of Directors
- Exclusive Second Harvest Food Bank swag
Membership is only $60 for an entire year, an investment that goes towards feeding the most vulnerable in Central Florida.
Not ready to become a member but still want to contribute? Click here to make a donation in support of the Young Professionals Committee.
Not ready to join? Sign up to receive news about future Young Professionals events.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org