1. Where do you distribute food?
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a private, nonprofit organization that collects, stores and distributes donated food to more than 500 feeding partners in six Central Florida counties: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia. Food is not distributed directly to clients from our facilities.
2. Where can I find food outside Central Florida?
Please visit www.feedingflorida.org and find your local Florida food bank. If you are looking for food outside of the State of Florida, visit www.feedingamerica.org and click on Find a Food Bank in your area.
3. How can I get help with food?
Visit the Food Finder on our website www.feedhopenow.org and click the “Food Assistance” Button or visit www.feedhopenow.org/need_food directly.
4. What should I expect when I go to a food pantry?Here are some things to keep in mind when visiting one of our Partner Agency pantries:
6. Do food pantries only provide pre-packed boxes of canned goods for their clients?
Many pantries provide perishable and non-perishable food including dairy, fresh produce, baked goods, frozen meats and more. Some pantries operate as a Client Choice agency allowing families to select some or all of the food they prefer.
7. Will I need to bring an ID?
Although we encourage our feeding partners to distribute food without clients having to show identification, some will ask for an ID. They are asked to refrain from asking for any other documentation. If you are receiving TEFAP food from an agency or at a mobile drop, you are not required to show any identification or show any proof of residency.
8. Are there certain requirements or eligibilities needed to receive food (i.e. SNAP, currently unemployed, free or reduced lunch eligibility)?
You do not need to qualify for, or receive any other assistance in order to receive food from a food pantry. Anyone who is in need of food is welcome to visit any one of our emergency pantries for assistance.
9. Can someone pick up food for me?
If you need someone to pick up food from a pantry for you, please send the individual with a letter giving them permission to pick up food on your behalf.
10. Can I visit one food pantry in my area more than once a month?
While some pantries restrict to monthly visits due to the volume of clients and available food, you are welcome to visit multiple pantries to ensure your needs are met during your time of need.
11. Can you help me with food stamps?
Apply online for Food Stamps here.
12. How can I find additional help?
13. How can I volunteer?
Visit our volunteer portal here.