Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can I contact with questions about setting up a Virtual Food Drive?
Digital Fundraising Specialist
2. What is a Virtual Food Drive?
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida's Virtual Food Drive is a representational web-based tool that allows individuals and organizations to hold an online food drive. While we love donations in any form, our Virtual Food Drive allows us to serve more clients, more efficiently. It's fast, easy and fun!
3. What about regular food donations?
Food donations supplied through community food and fund drives sponsored by individuals, corporations, clubs, schools, and associations make a huge difference for our community each year. Food drives supply nonperishable items that are greatly needed to our partner agencies, and help provide varieties of food often difficult to obtain from our corporate food donors. Often, people prefer to contribute money instead of food to these special collections, which helps offset the considerable cost of distributing these much-needed products to the community.
Regardless of which method of helping you choose, these drives make an incredible difference for families experiencing hunger across Central Florida. If you would like to speak to someone about organizing a regular food drive, please contact:
Director of Volunteer Services
4. Who can run a Virtual Food Drive?
Anyone can host a Virtual Food Drive! You can register as an individual, you can start your own team or you can join an existing team. Your drive can be customized to meet the needs of your organization, your church group, your family, or yourself. Start your drive today >>
5. Why a Virtual Food Drive?
Holding a Virtual Food Drive allows you or your group get involved with ending hunger in Central Florida in an easy, immediate and highly effective way.
Below are some benefits of running a Virtual Food Drive:
- Easy to use and manage.
- It's the greenest and easiest of all food drives.
- Allows for group participation. Competition-style drives can encourage greater participation.
- Transactions can be completed within minutes.
- You may use any major credit card for payment on a secure website.
- Donors will receive an e-receipt confirming their donations immediately.
- Saves Second Harvest Food Bank the time and resources incurred by a physical food drive.
- Your donations allow us to purchase our most needed items.
6. How do I get started?
First, check out our online toolkit page to download your Virtual Food Drive manual and to access photos and text that you can use to help promote your Virtual Food Drive. Then, go and register your food drive. Good luck and let us know if you have any questions!
7. Can I just make a donation?
Yes. Click here to make your donation.
8. Virtual Food Drive Disclaimer:
Please note that the Virtual Food Drive is a representational giving tool, and is meant to provide you with illustrative examples of the powerful return on investment that results when a financial gift is made to support our neighbors in need through Second Harvest Food Bank. Your gift will be used to provide up to nine times the amount contributed in terms of the value of the wholesome food that will be distributed as a result of your generosity.